We Care, You’ll See
Eye Care Oklahoma is excited to resume operations at all of our offices and surgery center! We’re committed to our patients eye care health and keeping our patients safe during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Although our governor has lifted many restrictions, we are taking extra precautions to help prevent the spread of this virus by putting new policies and guidelines in place. These steps are critical to protecting the health of our entire community. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- All Eye Care Oklahoma staff are checked for fever, runny nose, cough or other COVID-19 like symptoms before they are allowed to work
- Patients arriving at our office will wait in their car until they are ready to be seen by an Eye Care Oklahoma staff member or they are allowed to wait in lobby, as we have spaced chairs to adhere to social distancing recommendations
- Patients are encouraged to travel alone, unless they require a companion for ambulation or other special circumstances
- All patients are triaged by asking about their travel history, fever, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, etc.
- If patients have symptoms, they are asked to reschedule their appointment until a safe time per current public health recommendations.
- All patients have their hand sanitized once they check-in
- All rooms are sanitized after each patient. All surfaces at our practice are also sanitized several times per day
- All Eye Care Oklahoma staff wear a mask
- Eye Care Oklahoma has enlarged face shields on each slit lamp and laser to further protect our patients and Eye Care Oklahoma physicians
- Evoked Telemedicine for select patients to reduce in-office patient appointments
All patients are encouraged to wear a mask, scarf, bandana or other facial covering during their appointment. However, facial covering (face mask) will be provided if needed.
Governors response: https://coronavirus.health.ok.gov/governors-actions